The faculty and staff of St. Bartholomew Academy, guided by gospel and moral values and with a goal of educating students towards a Christian vision of the human person, the world, and learning, believe that:
1) The individual learning styles, gifts, and talents of each student are to be nurtured in order to effectively educate the whole child in the academic, spiritual, emotional, and physical environments.
3) All teachers should be committed to using a variety of strategies to actively engage students in their lessons.
4) A partnership among administration, faculty, parents, students, and community that concentrates on values such as responsibility and accountability is essential to a successful learning environment.
5) A nurturing and safe environment is vital for a student’s growth and well-being and will allow for achievement of full potential.
6) Interaction with individuals of diverse backgrounds and character teaches tolerance and appreciation for others.
7) Children should be encouraged to understand and appreciate diversity in the classroom as well as in our larger community.
8) Catholic values and respect should be exemplified daily.
9) Students should have opportunities to utilize current technologies and applications in order to achieve success in their future.
10) Catholic Christian behavior should be modeled by the administration and teachers and be evident throughout the day in all areas of the curriculum as well as in social settings.
11) Each individual in the school should value relationships based on honesty, trust, respect, integrity and civility.